Life Changing Therapy
We are constantly amazed at the dramatic changes with our clients through this process. PTSD does not need to run your life anymore. THERE IS HOPE
Have you had a trauma in your life? Was it a rape, a significant loss (house fire, your health, deaths), military experiences, domestic violence, first responders, childhood trauma, on the field trauma, workplace trauma.
Have You Considered You May Have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: PTSD?
Symptoms (Some) Of PTSD:
- You are very aware of your surroundings.
- You startle easily.
- You experience traumatic memories.
- You have triggers that remind you of the trauma and then you react strongly.
- You don’t feel safe.
- People are not to be trusted.
- You take risks.
- You are irritable; angry outbursts or act aggressively.
- You have difficulty concentrating.
- You have trouble sleeping.
- You try to push down your traumatic memories. You feel it is better to avoid the whole issue.
There Are Five Areas That You May Struggle With When You Have PTSD.
- Safety; you may feel unsafe in many areas in your life. You may think you are unable to protect yourself or others
- Trust: Can you put your trust in other people? Can you trust yourself?
- Control: you may feel that you need to control those around you. You may feel you need to have total control of yourself. You may also feel that you are unable to maintain control of yourself or others.
- Esteem; you may see yourself as broken, unattractive, unrepairable
- Intimacy; you may be having issues with your intimacy levels in your closest relationship. You may feel that you struggle with connection, being accepted or being understood.
Any Of These Sound Familiar?
Very Effective In The Treatment Of PTSD
CPT is a cognitive behavioural therapy that has been very effective in the treatment of PTSD. It is a therapy treatment that focuses on thoughts and feelings. Do you wonder why you have not recovered as yet? CPT helps you process your trauma. This therapy will not retraumatise you. It focuses on how your trauma is affecting your current life. We will assist you to identify your stuck points. How your thoughts are affecting your behaviour and feelings. What is keeping you stuck and getting in the way of your recovery?
- Improve your understanding of PTSD
- Reduce the distress of your memories
- Decrease your emotional numbing and avoidance
- Reduce feelings of being tense
- Decrease experiences and feelings like guilt, shame, anxiety, fear
- Improve your daily living
- Improve your relationships with others
- Understand peace and contentment in your life
How Does It Work?
One initial session then 12 PTSD Sessions. Sessions are for 1 hour. One on one sessions with an experienced trauma Therapist. You will identify and challenge unhelpful thoughts through structured therapy sessions and practice assignments You will learn to process your trauma. You will get information on common reactions to trauma. You will be asked to complete regular out-of-session practice assignments to apply what has been discussed in therapy. You will learn skills to manage your own thoughts and beliefs.
Who can attend? Anyone over the age of 18.
QUOTES FROM RECENT CLIENTS WHO HAVE COMPLETED THE 12 WEEK SESSIONS
- Bloody amazing
- My inner structures have been dissolved
- I can sing again
- My headaches have disappeared
- I have lost my fears
- I have been awakened
- It works
- I don’t have the nightmares anymore
- My relationship with my husband is amazing